The ASCM CPIM program will give you recognition in your workplace. By obtaining this designation you can differentiate yourself by increasing your technical and functional expertise. CPIM gives you the foundation to improve your company’s competitive position and profitability.
Production & Inventory Management Training Course
About CPIM Certification
The Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) program provides you with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company’s global operations.
CPIM is also a tool for professional growth:
- Career Advancement.
Designees on average earn 12% more than their counterparts without the certification.
- Professional Opportunities.
65% report that their CPIM designation made a positive impact in hiring decisions.
- Increased credibility.
CPIM increases your knowledge and skills in the supply chain industry, helping you to stand out from your peers.
CPIM education is essential if you are involved in:
- Production and inventory management
- Supply chain management
- Materials management
Now available: A new CPIM adapted to the new needs of professionals!
Surveys conducted by Montreal Chapter show that professionals certified with CPIM have identified a positive impact in their careers after obtaining this designation:
- 76% – have improved their organizational skills
- 60% – apply CPIM principles in their current functions
- 33% – have found a job / employment
- 16% – have received a salary increase
To achieve your CPIM certification, you must pass all of the following exams:
- CPIM Module 1
- CPIM Module 2
CPIM exam scores are valid for 10 years from the date of the exam. You must complete all both exams within 10 years of taking your first CPIM exam.
- Discuss and clarify difficult topics in the classroom forum
- Take advantage of company or employee tuition reimbursement programs
- Learn from instructors and colleagues who have a variety of industry experiences to share
- Stay on track with weekly assignments
What’s included on the training sections?
- Training sessions covering the 2 modules led by a certified instructor
- Complete access to the CPIM Study Tools which combines reading materials with interactive web-based study tools.
The CPIM Study Tools include pre and post assessments, progress tracking, PowerPoint slides, and more to help participants during their CPIM learning process. Participants obtain online access to the system for one year from purchase time.
To make the testing process easier for all of our candidates, Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) exams are offered exclusively in computer-based testing (CBT) format worldwide. Exams are scheduled with Pearson VUE. In order to proceed, all candidates must have an ASCM ID number.
For information on the CPIM exam and testing procedures in North America, download the North American CPIM Certification Bulletin. It provides the latest facts, requirements, and changes that impact your exams.
*As a reminder, the training is given in English and the material provided is also in English.
An CPIM designation will help you:
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Maximize ROI on the systems and technologies within your organization
- Master the tools you need to effectively manage global supply chain activities
- Gain knowledge to apply ERP principles in order to cover various critical functions within your organization
- Earn customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services
- Enhance your credibility within your organization
- Create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate-wide communication.
CPIM is preferred by thousands of employers worldwide and since 1973 more than 100,000 professionals have earned this designation. CPIM helps you master essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to:
- Demand management
- Procurement management
- Supplier planning
- Material requirements planning
- Capacity planning
- Sales and operations planning
- Master scheduling
- Performance measurements
- Supplier relationships
- Quality control
- Continuous improvement
The streamlined CPIM Version 6.0 format delivers the same CPIM knowledge and skills as Version 5.0 in a focused program to meet the training needs of today’s busy supply chain professionals.
The new ASCM CPIM designation is earned upon successful completion of exams covering the following two modules.These training sessions combine the ASCM learning system print and web base components with the leadership of a qualified instructor, peer collaboration and a structured program to keep participants on track.
CPIM - Part 1
Understand the basic concepts in managing the complete flow of materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers as well as manufacturing, distribution, service, and retail industries processes.
The fundamental relationships in the design, planning, execution, monitoring and control are also covered. Knowledge of the material included in this module is assumed as a prerequisite for the other ASCM CPIM modules, which explain similar topics in much greater depth.
- Understanding business wide concepts and various supply chain environments
- Managing demand, including markets and customer expectations
- Designing products, processes, and information systems
- Understanding supply issues including inventory costs, functions, and metrics
CPIM - Part 2
Explore and be able to apply the principles of demand management, sales and operations planning, master scheduling, and distribution planning by identifying conditions that require action. This module evaluates knowledge of both supply and demand planning for mid- to long-term independent demand.
- Recognizing all demands for goods and services to support the marketplace
- Bringing together all the plans for the business
- Disaggregating the production plan into an executable schedule
- Planning the distribution network and replenishment
Acquire a working knowledge of the tools and techniques for planning of inventory, including techniques such as MRP, CRP, Lean, TOC, and projects. Understand the effect of using each technique; know standard measurements for inventory, materials, capacity and supplier performance; and recognize when to escalate issues.
- Managing inventory, planning material requirements, planning capacity requirement and procurement
- Recognizing the importance of supply chain management and deploying supply chain strategies related to scheduling, planning, and sourcing
- Translating product-level plans and schedules generated at the master planning level into requirements that can be procured or produced
- Bridging the master planning area with the execution and control function
- Planning, scheduling, resource allocation, and implementing projects that are used to manage the supply of products and services
Learn to translate plans into operational activities and define and apply techniques in the operations field.
- Comparing actual output to plans and taking appropriate corrective actions
- Communicating ideas in a group setting and instructing others
- Creating operational solutions in the face of competing resources
- Explaining the release of work and reporting performance through data collection
- Understanding the execution of quality initiatives and continuous improvement plans
- Evaluating trade-offs and participating in design decisions
Move your learning to the next level through the SMR module that includes higher-level thinking or strategic planning and implementation of operations. This includes an understanding of how market requirements drive the resources and processes of an organization.
- Understanding concepts that require a combination of elements and higher thinking within the entire CPIM body of knowledge
- Knowing the relationship of existing and emerging processes and technologies to operations and supply chain functions
- Understanding various business environments
- Knowing how business strategies are developed and how operation strategies are implemented
CPIM Part 1
- Class only: 1 075$
- Class + Exam: 1 690$
- Exam: 495$US
CPIM Part 2
- Class only : 1 655$
- Class + Exam: 2 295$
- Exam: 495$US
CPIM Part 1
- Class: 1 395$
- Class + Exam: 2 295$
- Exam: 690$US
CPIM Part 2
- Class: 1 895$
- Class + Exam: 2 795$
- Exam: 690$US
Please note that the schedule could be modified. For the final class schedule and location, please refer to the registration confirmation emails.
Please note that in order to take a test, you must first complete the registration and payment process on the ASCM website: registration and payment process. Once you have registered to take a test, you may immediately schedule your test appointment online in your My ASCM account, 7 days per week, 24 hours per day. Test appointments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
To optimize your exam experience:
- The scheduling deadline for all computer-based exams is two business days before the exam date.
- We encourage you to schedule your exam as early as possible to increase the chance of reserving your preferred exam date.
- You are not permitted to reschedule within two business days of the exam
- Any cancellations within 24 hours of the exam result in a forfeiture of fees.
If you are already in process of taking CPIM Version 5.0 certification exams, we encourage you to contact us to discuss of your options: email@example.com
For further information regarding the CPIM Certification, click here.
Candidates must be logged in to their My ASCM account in order to complete their Authorization to Test (ATT) form. For more information or to complete the form please visit this link.
Also note that all ATTs expire six months from the date of purchase.
For additional information, please contact Mme. Huguette Leblanc by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (438) 391-8311. Please note that you must confirm your attendance to the training sessions prior to the starting date.